With our accessory modules, you can extend range, improve receiver sensitivity, manage antenna arrays and meet regional requirements.
Dual Optical Module
Dual Optical Module provides a range of user interfaces for network connectivity and SDR software development. Adding a Dual Optical Module to your next SDR purchase is the best way to get the communication boost you’re looking for. Dual Optical Module is available with a number of options to support a mix of 1G RJ45 Ethernet or 10G Optical transceivers. Call to discuss your specific communications needs.
Provides IO Expansion and software development support to Cerberus SDR
- UART over USB for Linux or bare metal software development
- JTAG for ARM MPU or FPGA image loading and debugging
- MPU/FPGA reset button
- 1G Ethernet
- Single or dual 10G optical transceivers – connect directly to SoC FPGA MGTs when plugged into Cerberus or Chameleon SDRs
- QSPI Flash Memory supports Cerberus SDR boot and file system
Optional GPS Disciplined Clock Reference
- GPS subsystem provides geolocation to Cerberus/Chameleon
- External GPS antenna connector
- Concurrent reception of GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Autonomous 100 ppb hold-over
- GPS locked clock references
- Integral disciplined low phase-noise 30.72 MHz system reference oscillator
- Optionally GPS lock Cerberus VCXO
- Cerberus VCXO is standard 100MHz or user specified
- Locks all Cerberus ADC/DAC channels and RFFE synthesizers for true phase coherent systems
RFFE Baseband IF
Simplify your design and improve performance all in a small unit with Ipsolon’s RFFE Baseband IF. The RFFE Baseband IF module mates directly to Cerberus SDR for hosting an array of COTS and custom RF front ends for each of up to 16 Cerberus SDR analog RF channels. It provides a simple flexibility to support a wide array of RF gain stages and frequency selector capabilities to complete the RF signal chain. The RFFE Baseband IF also provides up to 16 TX and 16 RX ganged 50 ohm connectors for connection to a flat panel antenna array or external antenna connections. As with all of Ipsolon’s components, our mechanical engineering team will share design files with you to ensure end-to-end compatibility.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING HORSEPOWER
Provides modular RF Front End (RFFE) Interface to Cerberus SDR
- E-notch patch antenna shown above left (on picture)
- Designed for 5300 MHz with 4800-5800 operating range
- Custom designs for use with Cerberus SDR
- Quick turn around and testing of custom antenna with Cerberus SDR
Antenna Array Features and Options For Custom Array
- 3 x 5.2 inch panel
- Single x16 RF 50 ohm connector array
MADE FOR SMALL FORM FACTOR AIRBORNE RADIO
- Small Form Factor 122mm X 62mm x 10mm envelope
- 6V-16V input voltage
- Typical power ~38W, depends on software & DSP work load
The Breakout Debugger can be used for Ethernet, UART, JTAG, and reset connections to Chameleon SDR and Cerberus SDR. Customers often buy this for easy benchtop software development and debugging. The Breakout Debugger connects directly to Chameleon and attaches to Cerberus SDR via a flexi ribbon cable.
ADC/DAC Test Board
The ADC/DAC Test Board is a Cerberus SDR adaptor that enables lab test and development by providing 50 ohm SMA and U.FL connectors to all 16 RX channels and 16 TX channels. It mates seamlessly with Cerberus SDR without any additional RF cables.
Ipsolon Research is an innovator in software defined radio technology. We want you to be an innovator, too. Our engineering and production is done on-site so we can be trusted partners by providing fully-customized, leading-edge, timely technology solutions.
5 South Market St.
Frederick, MD 21701